STATUS MATCH FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Updated: January 2022
1. What is the Hilton Honors Status Match benefit?
This is an exclusive benefit for Hilton Honors members who would like to experience elite status and get the chance to accelerate their tier progression.
2. What do I have to do to receive a Hilton Honors Status Match?
Submit your program and stay proof of another competitor loyalty program. Proof of a stay must be from within the last 24 months.
Once approved for Status Match, we will upgrade your status to Gold for 90 days.
Stay a minimum of 7 nights within your 90 day trial period, and we’ll upgrade your status to Gold.
Even better: if you complete an additional 5 nights (12 nights total) within your 90 day trial period, we’ll upgrade your status to Diamond.
3. Who is eligible for Status Match?
Members who are currently at Base or Silver tier and have not previously enrolled in Status Match.
4. Why are Gold and Diamond members restricted from Status Match?
Gold and Diamond Members are already experiencing the benefits that come with elite Hilton Honors status; we will therefore not process these requests.
5. How many times can I use this benefit?
Qualifying members may enact this exclusive benefit once throughout the lifetime of their membership.
6. What are acceptable forms of "proof of status" and "proof of stay"?
Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current membership from your existing loyalty program and a screenshot of your account summary page from the same program. We accept jpg files only. Please do NOT send us any personal information, including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, username, passwords or credit card information.
7. Do Reward Stays count toward achieving the night requirements?
No, Reward Stays do not count toward achieving the Status Match requirements.
8. How long does it take for Status Match to be granted?
Due to the large volume of requests, please allow for 7 - 12 business days to review your application. Hilton may require additional validation, at our discretion. In this case, please allow for an additional 7 - 12 business days.
9. I have requested Status Match but it wasn’t approved until after I completed a stay. Can you retroactively add the stay to the challenge?
No, we are unable to add any stays to the challenge that have occurred prior to being approved for Status Match. Please be sure to submit your Status Match request well in advance of an upcoming stay.
10. What if I decide that I want to save this benefit for a later time, but I have already submitted my Status Match request?
Once a member elects to use this benefit and the Status Match is successfully applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible. Please determine the best time to use this benefit according to your personal travel situation before submitting your request through the online form. Remember, you can only use Status Match once, so use it when you really need it.